Since being on my no shampoo hair journey a few years now, I am constantly searching for a good cleanser. But even better than a good cleanser for my delicate strands is an amazing deep conditioner to replenish that well needed moisture. Well they are usually both very hard to find but I have stumbled upon a product that have the two properties in one, at least for my tresses, That product is the “Aunt Jackie’s curls and coils in control Anti-poof moisturizing and softening conditioner”. I found this product in a local supermarket, not a usual place for me to purchase hair products but I heard about it before and decided to give it a try.
This product is sulfate and paraben free with no added mineral oil or petroleum enriched with Shea butter and olive oil. It states that it will tame your texture with natural and botanical extracts perfectly blended to deliver superior softness, manageability and improved elasticity which can also be used as a co-wash.
So here are my thoughts after using this product a few times.
What I like:
1. Density: This product is super thick, which is always a plus in my book, so I was already impressed before using it. The density of a product sometimes gives you a clue of its quality although that is not always the case
2. Slip: Who doesn’t like a product with slip. I was able to maneuver the product in my hair without difficulty. I was able to detangle my hair with the product in it, which makes the process so much more enjoyable.
3. Scent: It has a very mild scent that doesn’t linger either in the bathroom or on my hair. I don’t don’t like very strongly scented products, so the subtle smell was really pleasant
4. Moisture: The big winner for me was how moisturized and dangle free this product left my hair. My hair was also left feeling very soft which is another plus.
5. A little go a long way. I am sometimes heavy handed especially when deep conditioning my hair and although the direction states that you apply the product generously, I didn’t have to over do it, in order for it to cover all the strands.
I am yet to use it as a cowash, so I am unable to give an accurate account of this property.
The one disadvantage for me with this product was the packaging. It comes in a wide mouth container, so its easy for water and strands of hair to get in the product. But overall I give this product a thumbs up and five stars.
You can head over to their web site and read more about the ingredients and how to use this product at http://auntjackiescurlsandcoils.com/
Have you used this product? Share your experience with it.
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a trained or practicing stylist, cosmetologist or beautician. All tips and advice given are for informational purposes only and should be used at your discretion and best judgment of the individual.
I am not representing, being paid by or endorsing this or any other product(s) on my blog. I purchased this product with my own money.