I love washing my hair. The problem is that my hair doesn’t like being washed with shampoo, whether it is a clarifying shampoo, sulphate free, or even if it is diluted. For the past several months I have been adopting a conditioner-only wash journey, better know as the “curly girl method”. I went out of my way to find out more about this method, including buying and reading the right books, reading the blogs and watching the videos. I tried to follow it almost to a T, meaning, finger detangling only, conditioner washing, and no heat. Although I was very skeptical at first, I must say that since starting this curly girl journey I have seen and felt the difference with my hair. I faced a few setbacks, the biggest being, finding the right conditioner that will thoroughly clean my scalp. So when I had the opportunity to try the ‘As I am coconut co-wash cleansing conditioner’ (that was a tongue twister), I jumped at it.
The ‘As I am coconut co-wash’ is a no suds moisturizing cleanser to help maintain moisture, meaning adding and retaining moisture which is vital to the health and happiness of your coils and curls. This co-wash contains organic ingredients that help promote healthy hair growth. The ingredients include purified water, coconut and tangerine extracts, cetearyl alcohol, castor oil, coconut oil, etc. For more information, visit www.AsIamNaturally.com.
In this post I will simply be stating the things I like most about this product, and the things I am not too fond of, so here goes.
Things I like:
1. The consistency: This product is really thick and creamy, so I started liking it before it went into my hair. The consistency reminded me of custard porridge full of milk. It is smooth between my fingers, soft and fluffy, which was definitely a plus.
2. The slip: This co-wash is full of slip, another advantage when you are conditioner washing. It was easy to distribute in my hair, running it along my strands making it easier to detangle even when it was not dripping wet.
3. Not drying: Even when the water drained out of my hair, I did not have to rewet it in order to maneuver the product through my hair.
4. Very gentle: This product cleaned my hair and scalp as well as a shampoo without it feeling stripped of the natural oils in my hair.
5. SUPER moisturizing: My hair felt as if I did a deep conditioning treatment. It felt well moisturized even after I washed out the product thoroughly.
Things I did not like:
1. The smell: It has a coconut nutty smell which is not too bad but was a little too perfumed and strong for my liking.
2. The container: The jar is a wide mouth jar and my hand had to be placed in the entire product in order to get it out, which allowed for water entering the jar. That is a definite no-no.
All in all I absolutely LOVE this product and I give it 2 thumbs up. My hair loves it and I will definitely purchase it again.
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a trained or practicing stylist, cosmetologist or beautician. All tips and advice given are for informational purposes only and should be used at your discretion and best judgment of the individual.
I am not representing being paid by or endorsing this or any other product(s) on my blog. I purchased this product with my own money.
As I Am Naturally